Thursday, May 27, 2010

Change in Conversation: A Bernie J. Sighting

Sasquatch
Loch Ness Monster

Scientists + friends have long debated the existence of the Bernie J. This bipedal humanoid creature belongs to the scholar family and is said to inhabit Southeast Michigan where the majority of sightings have occurred. The Bernie J is primarily a nocturnal creature and can be identified by its unique hat-like features and its habitually long conversations. The Bernie J is known for surprises + hypothetical creations. They are only dangerous to those who don’t have time to talk.

This last weekend, I had the fortunate experience of a Bernie J encounter at my apartment. I conversed with this intelligent creature for 9 hours straight. We talked about film and the changes throughout our lives. We drank Bailey’s and ate multiple chocolate bars. It was almost 9am when the conversation ended. Before we went our separate ways, we lit some sparklers and I was able to snap a quick picture to prove my encounter.

He does exist!
Bernie J

[This inside joke may not be amusing if you've never spotted a Bernie J... sorry if that's the case.]

2 comments:

  1. It's been a handful of month's since I've spotted a Bernie J Michael. We drank strawberry kombucha and ate zingerman's maple cupcakes. I fell asleep at 1am while watching The Sandlot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Sounds like a Bernie J night for sure. I was thinking we should create and dedicate a website just to Bernie J sightings with photos... eh?

    ReplyDelete