Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Change in Pets: Chihuahua Adoption


Meet Brutus, the newest member to our lovely apartment family that is now Kelly, Myself, Gex the Leopard Gecko, Sebastian and Shirley the Couples Goldfish, and Brutus the Chihuahua.

We formally adopted Brutus from my parents this week. They relocated to a new condo that only allows one dog. Brutus pulled the short straw against Gidget, their Doberman, and needed to find a new home or cut it on the streets of suburban Detroit.

We’ve had Brutus in the family since he was a puppy and he is now going on 13 (or 14) with plenty of awesome gray hair. We got him during the heyday of Taco Bell Chihuahua commercials in the 90s. He’s never starred in a Taco Bell commercial but has a nice resume of film work through my own productions. Most recently, the starring role in the short film, Walking Brutus, produced by the film club I teach at Wayne Memorial High School. The film is about the importance of cleaning up after your dog, no matter how small the poop, as it effects the quality of the ground water which we ultimately drink and bathe with.

Check it out:


With Spring approaching, the melting snow around my apartment building reveals TONS of dog shit. A big thank you to all of the irresponsible dog owners in my building! [That’s sarcasm if it’s not apparent] What’s even worse is that there are 2-3 convenient little dog shit trash cans with "poopy pouch" dispensers. If you’re that lazy cleaning up after your dog, I sure hope your not as lazy caring for the animal. If I ever see you failing to pick up your dog’s poop, I may have to throw a hybrid dog shit snowball at you!

Small dog shit aside, Brutus is an awesome pet and enjoys being the only dog at our apartment. Kelly and I are even considering taking him on our Pan-American road trip from Alaska to Argentina which will commence Summer of 2010. It will be like a Chihuahua Birthrite to Mexico. Brutus would definitely help boost the morale- an important survival tip I’ve been learning from Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild.

P.S. I’m 23 years old and I tied my very first tie today for the photo above. I’ve survived on clip-ons as a child and having other people tie them for me on rare occurrences as an “almost” adult. I’m so close to becoming an adult and living the American Dream! We’ve got a dog! Hurray! Now, all Kelly and I need is a marriage certificate, a new home with a lifetime mortgage, and some convenient appliances! [Sarcasm again.]

With a quick Google search, I learned how to tie a tie by this awesome guy:

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, you guys are too much! Those photos are fantastic and Brutus is adorable. Kelly's dress is also really cool.

    ReplyDelete