Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Change in Health: I'm No Charlie Sheen, But I Can Still Detox



A few weeks ago, I applied for an internship at the Creative Health Institute.  They are a raw living foods program in Michigan that offers several workshops and classes such as Detox/Rebuild programs and Raw Chef certifications.

Just today, I received a phone call that I was accepted and will start on May 3rd and intern throughout August.

My mom, who has taken a few classes, informed me of the internship opportunity.  I applied for several reasons:  I've been wanting to try a raw diet for a while now and figured this would be one of the best ways to implement it.  This interest comes from a general desire to control my health and feel good.  After feeling a bit scattered and un-centered this past dreadful winter, I figure some time to meditate and be with myself will be good for my well-being.  I plan to finally write a feature screenplay I've been putting off.  I'd like to learn and practice a bit of music as well. I've also been thinking of training for a marathon and hope this new raw diet will boost my energy in that pursuit.

So in just 3 weeks, I'll be moving to the west side of Michigan.  Shortly after arriving, I'll start the detox program and give up much of the foods I currently eat in hope of better health.  Although I do enjoy eating animals, I feel that I could do without them, at least for a while.  No big deal. Instead of doing shots of liquor at the bar, I'll be doing shots of wheatgrass on the farm.  Cheers!

I'll keep you updated on this health experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment