Monday, January 16, 2012

Changing


Changing

The year is 2012.  What a change.  Last year it was 2011.

I am 25 years old.  Some people might say I am 25 years young.  The measurement of my age is the same, but the attitude towards it changes.  All the while, my age continues to change as time keeps moving.

Change is everything.  Everything is change.  At least that is what I think right now.  I may no longer think that way…

A few moments ago I changed to become a writer.

Last year I changed a lot.

I changed my physical health.  I changed the foods I put into my body.  I changed what I thought of my body.  I changed what I did with my body. 

All of that helped my body change for the better.  At least I think so right now…

Thoughts, though, are a bit abstracted from my body and they change too.

My body holds my brain where several little things spark and change to create my thoughts. 

If someone is thinking the same thing I am, then does that mean they are sparking and changing exactly like me?

Does my brain hold onto its lovely creation of thoughts? 

I was moving my mouth once while talking to a person.  They were interrupted by a calling, which came from a telephone.  They answered their calling and told me to, “Hold that thought!” 

In the past, I held onto things I loved with my hands and arms.  In a pinch, I could hold onto things with my feet or even in the crook between my neck and shoulder.  I was not quite sure how to hold onto my thought though…  So I just closed my mouth.

Maybe I would be better off if I could hold a thought between my neck and shoulder.  But thoughts are not physical so I cannot hold them there.  I am not even sure if my brain knows how to hold onto thoughts.  My brain is physical.

My thoughts are not physical, but they can still speak to me.  One thought told me it was staying in my mind.  It is a pretty cool place from what it tells me:

Yeah, it’s cool, ya know?  It’s spacious and open unlike that confined space of your cranium.  I get to hang out with your other thoughts all day.  Sometimes someone else’s thought may stop by and crash.  And if I ever get bored or need something fresh, I can move and hang out in someone else’s mind.
 
“You can really pack up and go just like that?” 

There really isn’t anything I have to pack.

Woah!  My thoughts are pretty free spirited!  I like that.  Just hanging out, following their own direction, moving wherever they need to.

“I wish my body could do that,” I say.

Your body can.  Your body holds a brain, which creates thoughts like me.  Sometimes though, I will tell you the wrong things and you must listen to others.

“How do I do that?”

Well, aside from your brain, your body holds onto your heart, which creates emotions that you must also listen to.  If your heart is really telling your body to move and follow another direction, then that may be what you must do.

Your body has 1 mouth and 2 ears.  You were created that way on purpose because listening is more important than speaking.  You must remember that.

The tricky thing is: You cannot listen with just your ears.  Your heart cannot speak to you in the same way others do.

Your heart’s physical purpose is to pump blood throughout your body to keep it living.  Your heart also processes emotions and feelings.  When it does so, it changes the way it pumps blood through your body.  When your heart is afraid, it will beat faster and pump more blood through your body.  Your blood pressure rises.  You may breathe faster because your lungs are working to add oxygen to this increase in blood flow.


While your mouth uses words to communicate, your heart uses your blood.  When your heart is trying to speak to you, you must listen by interpreting it’s beat, the way it pushes blood through your body, and how the rest of your body is responding.  When described with words, this message coming from your heart is sometimes called a “gut feeling.”

“Okay.  So there’s my body, the physical.  My body holds my brain, which creates my thoughts, that are, somewhat, held in my mind, the mental.  My body also holds my heart, which holds and processes my feelings, the emotional.  All of which, are changing right now and all the time.  Isn’t there something else?”

What’s that?

“You know, like the spiritual?  What or where is my soul or spirit?  How does it communicate?  How do I listen to it?  What holds my soul, if anything?  Does my soul change?”

Well… we don’t know much about that yet.  Some of your other thoughts and I have been discussing this in your mind… But we haven’t been able to draw many conclusions...

No comments:

Post a Comment